When it comes to preparing and serving gulay recipes at home, incorporating vegetables in a child’s diet has been a long dilemma for some parents. Instead of being frustrated, parents should understand the reasons why vegetables are less well accepted by a child. This has been a very common problem for many parents, as vegetables provide some of the best nutrients for a child’s growth.
Cucumber is incorporated in this gulay recipe. This vegetable is great for salads and sandwiches. In the case of this kani canapé, you can add an extra kick of antioxidants and minerals to this snack. Cucumbers also promote hydration, which is important for the body. Eat the cucumbers with the peel so you can get all the nutrients.
- 1 pc (300g) French bread, sliced into 30 pcs
- 1 pc (300g) Ripe mango, seeded, sliced
- 10 pcs (120g) Kani (Crabstick), sliced
- 1 pc (150g) Cucumber, sliced
- 1 1/4 cups (300g) Japanese mayonnaise
- 1 pack (11g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
- TOAST. In a tray, place sliced French bread. Toast for 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- ASSEMBLE. Top the toasted bread with mango, kani, and cucumber. Then drizzle with Japanese mayonnaise and AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning.
- SERVE. Serve and enjoy.
Sweet and Sour Eggplant
This is another easy to cook ulam recipe that your kids will appreciate. This simple Pinoy recipe can spice up the dinner table without sacrificing any nutrients or vitamins. Slices of eggplant are rich in fiber and is a great low calorie alternative to unhealthy snacks. The sweet and sour taste is a signature Chinese flavor, add a healthy twist with eggplant and SARSAYA® Sweet and Sour Sauce.
- 4 cups (500g) eggplant, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon AJI-NO-MOTO ® Umami Seasoning
- 2 pieces of eggs
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 2 cups cooking oil (for deep frying)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/4 cup onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups bell pepper, strips
- 1 cup carrots, strips
- 1 pack (200g) SARSAYA® Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- SEASON eggplant with AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning.
- DIP, DREDGE and FRY. Dip the seasoned eggplant in beaten eggs, then dredge in corn starch. Deep- fry in oil until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
- STIR FRY. In a separate pan, add oil and stir-fry onions, bell pepper and carrots for a minute.
- SEASON with SARSAYA® Sweet and Sour Sauce and soy sauce. Add deep-fried eggplant. Mix well. Serve and enjoy!